Hello Troop 7,
This weekend, we are going up to Hoist Lakes for a backpacking trip. We will be hiking in about two miles with all of our gear, and then camping for the night.
At the last meeting, we handed out tents, stoves, and cooking equipment to the patrols. When you are packing your own gear, keep in mind the following:
- There is going to be a high of 34 degrees and a low of 28, with one inch of snow expected on Saturday.
- Make sure to pack all the food you are carrying in a Ziploc bag.
Also, here is a packing list of some of the gear you will need:
- Warm Sleeping Bag and Ground Mat
- Tent, Stove, and Cookware (Arranged at previous meeting)
- Warm Clothes, Including a Hat, Gloves, and Rain Gear